Friday, August 08, 2014

Get a Grip Mommy!

The post is going to be the first of this series..a self motivational tool to 'reclaim my life'.  being so involved in raising my baby, i have lost touch with myself. Low on sleep, high on love..frustrated, irritated, tired..oh god..soooo tired.. is the order of the day..EVERYDAY. somewhere i have let myself go.. my body, my identity..my existence.

But i am done with self pity. I had a hard look at me today. hair undone. bad under eye circles, frumpy ill fitting clothes. and i asked myself, is this the mother you want for your son? Hell, no!
The mother i imagined for him was happy, free spirited, in good health, with glowing skin, fitted clothes..the one other girls would be pitted against..to fail. BUT. i failed and  i failed HIM.

Today i begin my journey. The journey towards being the 'Yum Mummy'. Every success, every failure will be posted.. I will do my best..juggling baby, family, work, blog..and more importantly juggling expectations..MY expectations..

So, well then! to give a heads up, i have more than 20 kgs to knock off. I need energy to keep up with my growing baby. I need health. falling sick is a luxury i cannot afford. Frumpy stupid clothes have to go.

I made a change today, a small measly change to kick start this new phase. MAKE UP!! YAY!!
That will be my new post.. 5 minute make up for busy moms!

Leaving you with quotes from my most beloved Coco Chanel.


No comments:

Post a Comment