Monday, August 11, 2014

Get a Grip Mommy #1: 5 minute make up for busy Indian moms






My day begins like this...actually, i don't know when my day begins..i am still nursing my little one through the night and when the alarm rings, it feels like i just fell asleep a minute ago! Get that feeling?

Then the day just rushes by with - Breakfast for hubby and me - nursing baby - getting dressed for work - nursing again - running out of the house - hunting a rickshaw - running for the train - struggling for a taxi - till i finally reach office. LATE.

But the office is a different world.. you have to respect it.You wanted this. You worked hard for this. You can't let motherhood be an excuse for your unenthusiastic appearance - GET A GRIP MOMMY!

So the first thing i do after i reach office is smarten up my appearance in 5 mins flat! 

5 products, 5 steps and 5 minutes to a  glowing you!



L R: Lakme Eyeconic kajal, Bourjois concealer stick, Bourjois Happy Light foundation, Bourjois Healthy mix blush, Rimmel Moisture renew lipstick



Step 1: Dab a medium coverage foundation all over face. ( i tried BB creams. didn't work. I have pigmentation now. need a thicker base) I have used Bourjois Happy Light foundation in N52. This foundation is very easy to work it. spreads like a dream and gives a flawless effect without the 'made up' feel.
I rate it: :-D
Please note: i wear a moisturizer and sunscreen when i leave home.

Step 2: My new best friend - the concealer. No one at work wants to know how many times your baby woke up last night. Give the haters some more reasons..no dark spots! Bourjois concealer stick in Golden Beige blends in so well with my skin that even i start believing i had a 10 hr beauty sleep!
I rate it: :-D

Step 3: Kohl my eye and waterline with Lakme eyeconic kajal. Nothing fancy here. It does not stay all day. But does glide on easily. I don't know what it is, but kajal somehow makes my make up feel complete.
I rate it : : -|


Step 4: Nude lipstick for my lips.. i am a crazy person.. it's either nude or red! Since i am still going low key with my looks..it's going to be nude lips till i get my umm..groove back?! Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight. If i may say so, this shade is very close to MAC Yash..only it's creamy and not matt. But i am no expert. Performance wise, You have to re- apply post lunch. like any other lipstick out there. It has a soft texture and feels very light on the lips. In the 'nude' of health.
I rate it: :-)

Step 5: Contour the chubby cheeks with a matt blusher/bronzer. i have used Healthy Mix Blush in No. 41. It gives a good healthy glow but does not last all day on my face. I need to reapply post lunch to keep the cheeks flushed.
I rate it: :-(

Now do up your hair. look into the mirror and pout!

                             BEFORE                                                                               AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment