Saturday, March 29, 2014

To Soap or Shower?



I am a fan of Himalaya baby products, with them being all herbal, organic, hypoallergic and oh! that baby smell of their products (you know that subtle, sweet, powdery smell that makes you go hmmm...). They tick all boxes on my baby list.

But when you have two different products from the same brand for the SAME purpose, how do you choose?
To soap or shower, is the question?
I have tried both the products on my face and on my baby's skin..and here is what i found..

Himalaya Moisturizing Baby Soap: (INR 35 for 70 gms)
    Buy Himalaya Moisturizing Baby Soap: Soap
  • Contains Almond Oil , Olive Oil and Vitamin E. 
  • It cleanses really well. Gives a squeaky clean feeling after a bath.
  • It DOES dry out the skin. it dried out my skin so i am sure it dries out my baby's skin.
  • However, if you bathe your baby after an oil massage, the skin does not feel dry.
  • If you don't, you might have to top it up with a body lotion.
  • It goes a long way so is very easy on the pocket. (lasted me three months!)
  • It DOES NOT have the 'no tears' formula. But my baby has not had a problem with it so far.

Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath: (INR 70 for 100 ml)
  • Contains Fenugreek, Chickpea and Green Gram (i know chickpea is really good for the skin, being bought up on besan and malai bath rituals. My skin is still quite soft)
  • It is extremely gentle on skin. Didn't feel any tightening on my skin so am hoping it's the same for my baby.
  • Now, when i bathe my baby after an oil massage, i realize that i keep lathering him but i still don't get that clean feeling that the soap gives.
  • Without an oil massage, it feels like the perfect soap for my baby. 
  • Don't need to apply lotion later either.
  • No tears formula is always a plus!
  • A little steep on the pocket ( if you don't stop lathering till the baby feels absolutely clean, you will sniff out the product in one month's time!)
So which way do i sway? The baby shower, baby!! Ok, so i do take a tad too much of the product to get the desired result but saves the pains of using a lotion later ( and in this heat, it can't be a good idea). Also ease of navigation..no slippery mess..slipping out of hand to land on the other end of the bathroom can be difficult situation with the baby in one hand, you know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment